My best intentions of posting the ‘best’ of 2009 have alluded me for many reasons:
- My shower head was in need of repair. Fixed. Done.
- My Mom’s toilet was in need of repair. Bought the part. Installed the part. Part didn’t work. Must return to hardware store for correct part.
- Mixed up schedules and appointments made for a bit of chaos.
- My beloved car is in the shop. Again. Was supposed to be fixed on Monday. Still haven’t heard from my mechanic.
- Spent a good hour plotting the demise and torture of said mechanic.
- I am lazy.
- All of the above.
Okay, that said, the Best of 2009 I swear, is coming. If I’m not arrested and on trial for number 5, I will get to it over the next couple of days.
But I had to leave you all with something (this is me, actually pretending people are reading this silly blog, and returning to see if I am capable of writing some more endless dribble).
So let’s get right to it. The food.
I was bad today. Because of the crazy schedule mentioned above, I was not able to prepare a simple, real breakfast, which usually includes oatmeal:
- Scottish Oats
- Flax Seeds
- Brown sugar
- Almond Butter
Instead, after a 3 + mile run, I showered and dressed, then proceeded to slam down a Mojo Bar and head out the door for more errands. By the time I picked up Dirk at noon, we decided to grab a bite out for lunch (another really bad idea when you are so hungry you could bite a baby’s butt through a park bench).
Insert The Habit here. Not bad. But when you go back for seconds (as in a second burger and onion rings) It. Is. Bad.
Finally home after another unsuccessful venture (see list number 2), I took a quick nap. Back up and on the road to pick up Dirk. Home again, and dinner was probably best passed on, but I do live with a strong, young Dutch boy, so I prepared (reheated) some leftover quiche and salad.
A couple glasses of wine later, and this is what you get people.
I’m not proud. But some days you just do what you can. And I’m pretty sure I have fulfilled my need of burger and bun for a while.
Tomorrow is another day. A good run will be in order. Then some oatmeal.
And then I deal with my mechanic. I vow to be gentle.